Greenstaff is committed to providing a safe work environment, suitable and safe equipment and information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure competence and safety. Our goal is to prevent personal injury and illness at work by proactively using a risk management approach to minimize and eliminate where possible hazards and risks in the workplace.
Our WHS policy applies across all employees and contractors to ensure occupational health, safety and wellbeing at all times. Our risk management approach is our commitment to the health and safety to all of our employees given their exposure to variable worksites in the delivery of services.
To achieve our objectives, we:
- Comply with all applicable work health and safety legislation, regulations, relevant industry standards or codes of practice and internal policies and standards.
- Identify and evaluate the work health and safety risks on sites
- Monitor the controls implemented for efficiency
- Regular consultation and review of work health and safety performance, objectives and targets, improvement activities and compliance programs
- Investigate work-related incidents and near misses that have or could have resulted in both serious injury or ill health and take action to prevent recurrence
- Provide appropriate training and education to all employees so that they understand their responsibility for Work Health and Safety and understand procedures and practices required of them to satisfy our health and safety requirements
- Consult and involve employees in decisions affecting their workplace health and safety
- Complete work health and safety records
- Induct all employees into our work health and safety policy
- Ensure the Work Health and Safety Policy is effectively implemented and publicly available